Higher Place Tree Care Inc. is a small, family run, Toronto based tree service providing top quality tree services, performed by certified and qualified arborists. We perform mainly private, residential work as well as some commercial work. We offer a range of services from tree and shrub pruning, tree removal, stump grinding, cabling and bracing, stump grinding, hedge trimming and deep root fertilization. Our goal is to provide the best customer service to our clients and the highest quality tree and shrub care possible.We are currently looking expand our team with the following full time position:
- Proficiency using industry standards tree climbing techniques and equipment to perform tree pruning and removal operations.
- Prune and remove trees and shrubs according to industry standard best practices.
- Proficiency working as a groundsperson, providing support to other climbers as required
- Carry out hedge trimming operations from ladders
- Lead other staff in tree removal and pruning operations
- Drive 5 Ton dump truck with wood chipper, and pick up truck with dump trailer
- Report to work by 7:00am Monday – Friday and be willing and able to work outside these hours as required to facilitate the service of our clients and operations of our business.
- Safely and in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions inspect, maintain and operate all equipment required to carry out our operations including but not limited to: Chippers, chainsaws, stump grinders, Avant articulating loader, leaf blowers, deep root fertilizer equipment, hand tools, pole tools, clean up equipment, ladders, climbing and rigging equipment.
- Be able to setup appropriate traffic plan and job site setup for conditions.
- Work with supervisor and co-workers in a polite, respectful and cooperative manner to carry out required operations.
- Liase with clients when required in a courteous and respectful manner
- Be able to tolerate physically demanding work in a variety of weather conditions
- Be willing and able to participate in ongoing training and education as deemed appropriate for your position and for the furtherance of your training in the field of arboriculture.
- Abide by all applicable legislation and industry regulations in the performance of your duties, including but not limited to The Occupational Health and Safety Act, Arborist Safe Work Practices, IHSA Rule Book, Book 7 Traffic Protection.
- -ISA Certified Arborist
- -Completion of a Post Secondary Certificate or Apprenticeship in Arboriculture
- -ISA Certified Tree Climber
- - Ontario 444A Qualified Arborist
- -DZ or G Licence with commercial driving experience
- -Thorough knowledge of tree and shrub Identification
- -Thorough knowledge of Ontario Arborist Safe Work Practices and Occupational Health and Safety Act
- - 3-5 years of progressively more technical climbing experience
- - Extensive knowledge of basic and technical rigging equipment and techniques
- - Knowledge of and experience with use and maintenance of brush chippers, stump grinders, chainsaws, hedging equipment, hand tools
- - Knowledge of and experience with proper tree and shrub pruning practices
- - Experience with hedge trimming
- - Experience with installation of dynamic and static cabling systems
We pay competitive wages and provide a flexible, positive work environment. Compensation will be based on relevant knowledge, training and experience
Consideration will be given to candidates that do not possess all of the requisite education and/or qualifications or possess other relevant experience and/or qualifications. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.