You are a committed, passionate, and respectful individual. You can work independently and as part of a team with a willingness to learn and improve every day. You are a highly organized and systematic person with excellent verbal and written skills. You believe arborists are professionals, arborists can make a difference, and our urban forests are an important part of the future.
About the role you’ll play
Reporting to the General Manager, the Consulting Arborist will provide in-depth consultative services across several different client groups from individual homeowners to Architects, Builders/Contractors, commercial clients, and municipalities. You will communicate clearly through face-to-face interactions, report writing and detailed assessments.
What you’ll be doing
- Consult with clients within different aspects of projects that may impact trees and municipal tree by-laws.
- Correspond and stay up to date with Municipal Permit guidelines and requirements.
- Review, revise and complete CAD drawings for arborist reports, etc.
- Complete tree health assessments and inventories.
- Complete tree preservation plans in relation to construction and development.
- Complete tree maintenance plans.
- Complete tree removal and injury permits.
- Complete detailed Tree Risk Assessments for clients.
- Communication with clients around timelines and deal with any client concerns.
- Responsible for permit applications as required as per company policies.
- Perform Air spade Root exploration and root pruning, monitor sites during construction or development.
- ISA Certified Arborist
- Arborist with preferably 5 years of experience in arboriculture.
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualifications
- Applied knowledge and understanding of standard industry practices
- Good knowledge of plant physiology and the ability to diagnose and remedy major pests, disease, and tree disorders.
- Computer aptitude and software skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) and CAD.
- Minimum Class G driver’s license and clean abstract.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for organizing and establishing administration systems and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work well with a varied client base.
- Good people skills; self-motivated; willingness to work as a team.
- Excellent professional communication skills both written and orally.
About this position – potential for a hybrid work schedule
Permanent, full time, currently working out of our Burlington office / Potential for Remote Schedule.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Matching RSP Program
- Individualized training allowance
- Company cell phone
- Company vehicle
- The best co-workers anyone can ask for!
About Maple Hill Tree Services
Maple Hill Tree Services is a firmly established growing tree care company based in Burlington. We are a team of enthusiastic and motivated industry professionals that pride ourselves on high caliber workmanship, excellent customer service and uncompromising safety. We specialize in safe, high-quality residential and commercial tree care and are committed to responsible arboriculture practices and urban forest management.