Work in the Kawarthas, surrounded by beautiful forests and lakes!
Logan Tree Experts is an established and well-respected tree care company operating in the Kawartha region. We are passionate about trees and people, and the relationship between them. We provide high-quality tree removal, pruning, planting, stump removal, pest and disease control, cabling & bracing, fertilization, consultation, and tree risk assessments. Our team includes an ISA Board Certified Master Arborist/ISA Tree Risk Assessor, and ISA Certified Arborist.
Logan Tree Experts utilizes the newest tools and techniques and works each day following our professional standards: Safety – Quality – Productivity. At Logan Tree Experts we encourage a culture of respect, support, and continual learning and ask our team members to be considerate, humble, enthusiastic, and hardworking.
To care for our client’s trees in a safe, efficient, and ethical manner while educating and raising awareness of proper tree care within our community.
Passion – It’s not just a job. We love what we do and take pride in our work.
Safety –We prioritize the safety of our team, our clients, and their property.
Excellence – We strive to be great, and are always learning, growing, and evolving.
Integrity – It’s important that we are honest, trustworthy, reliable, and responsible.
- Live and work in cottage country with lakes and forests at your doorstep, where the cost of living is much lower than in the GTA!
- Work for a company that is well-connected and follows high industry standards.
- Mentorship from an ISA Board Certified Master Arborist and ISA Certified Arborist.
- Apprenticeship registration opportunities.
- Health spending account*.
- Paid stat holidays.
- RRSP or TFSA matching program*.
- Training allowance*.
- PPE and company apparel allowance.
- Equipment/chainsaw pants/boot allowance*.
* These benefits are available after a waiting period.
Arborist - Crew Leader
The successful candidate will work with a crew to perform all tree care services offered by Logan Tree Experts. We are looking for an extremely competent and safety-conscious person to fill this position who has a passion for Arboriculture and wants to learn and excel in the industry.
- Minimum 1 year of production tree climbing experience at a recognized tree service.
- Current enrollment in an arboriculture program at a recognized college or university (asset), or;
- Diploma in Arboriculture from a recognized college or university (asset)
- Chainsaw training or certification.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Capable of performing physically demanding manual labour in a variety of weather conditions.
- Class G license and clean driver abstract.
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations.
- First Aid/CPR.
- DZ, AZ, or AR licensing (asset)
- Mobile crane (knuckleboom) operator 8t certificate (asset)
- Aerial Lift (Spiderlift) experience (asset)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ascend and perform aerial operations to safely and efficiently remove trees of all sizes, including storm and hazard trees.
- Perform rigging techniques to safely dismantle trees with various targets.
- Perform proper pruning techniques in trees of all sizes, for clearance, structure, and safety.
- Remove and prune trees utilizing equipment including aerial devices and cranes.
- Operate and maintain chainsaws, chippers, stumper, and other equipment.
- Perform worksite cleanup.
- Perform ground support such as, but not limited to, rigging, cutting, brush management, and chipping.
- Carry out all duties safely and efficiently while following industry standards and company standard operating procedures.
- Complete all necessary paperwork (timesheets, project notes, project risk assessment forms) accurately and on time.
- Arrive on time with a professional appearance, positive attitude, and eagerness to work and learn.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, co-workers, and management.
- Able to help create and maintain a positive and productive team environment and culture.
- Capable of receiving direction and feedback from supervisors and management.