Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 1 years experience of in all types of arboricultural work including; tree climbing, bucket operations, pruning, removal, cabling, bracing, and stumping
- Experience and knowledge of approved safety procedures when working at heights
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Working at Heights (an asset but not required)
- Valid G Driver’s License and safe driving record
- DZ or AR License is required
- Perform all duties in accordance with Arborist Safe Work Practices
- Perform required tree work from ground level, climbing or by aerial lift.
- Remove brush, diseased trees and branches and other materials
- Pruning, stumping and required clean up for all operations
- Knowledge in production tree removal, tree pruning and rigging
- Groundwork support for trimming operations.
- Chainsaw and Chipper operation.
- Ability to learn climbing and proper pruning procedures.
- Outdoor field environment
- Remote locations as well as urban city environment
- Daily travel from site to site
- Walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, heat and all types of weather and temperature conditions
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Massage
- All safety equipment provided (Helmet, Chainsaw pants, Gloves, Shirts, Boot Allowance)
- New Climbing gear allowance
- Work Trips (ISA Ontario and TCIA Expo in USA)
Job Type: Full-time and or Co-op Student
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability