Heritage Tree Care Inc is a happily thriving, nicely established and well-regarded tree service based in Toronto’s downtown west end since 2006.
At Heritage Tree Care we specialize in mature oak health care, high-end tree & shrub enhancement, large technical tree pruning, planting and the occasional tricky removal.
We have intentionally stayed a smaller company with a big online and local presence so we can pick what jobs we take on and maintain a high-quality work standard.
We have a steady flow of satisfying local work with all the necessary machines to deal with it. As well, we have a well-oiled company infrastructure that keeps everything running smoothly with everyone happy and well looked after. Join us in 2022 and enjoy work/life balance with a 4-day work week and some of the best perks in the industry!
LEAD CLIMBER - Mid February 2023 Start
We offer to Full Time employees:
- $35-$43 p/h
- Four-day work week (5th optional)
- Full Benefits – Health, Life & Dental
- 6% vacation pay + stat holiday pay
- Full WSIB coverage (of course)
- Course and equipment budget
- Big Yard in downtown west end Toronto (Parkdale- easy commute for a city dweller)
- Crew tablets with Jobber software (fully utilized and highly organized)
- Winter break/ possible layoff
- Excellent in-house Health & Safety Program + annual Aerial Rescue Training
- We subsidize Pro Arb courses for committed individuals
- Paid week off in August (terms & conditions apply)
The ideal candidate will have;
- At least 3 years climbing experience
- Be a highly skilled professional in the safe maintenance and management of trees of all sizes and species in a wide range of conditions (dead, dying, storm damaged and hazardous) and to work in all manner of environments with high-risk target zones
- Be capable of performing physically demanding manual labor in a variety of weather conditions
- Be ready, willing and able to perform any sized tree removal on a regular basis
- Safely operate and maintain chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, mini skid steer, and other necessary equipment.
- Have a diploma in arboriculture or are ISA/TCIA Certified
- Be able to carry out all aspects of aerial tree care operations and conform to Ontario & ISA industry standards & Arborist best work practices.
- Be able to carefully and accurately follow detailed job directives, delegate to crew members and execute them with the highest standard of quality
Help create and maintain a positive atmosphere and productive team environment
- Complete work efficiently with excellent time management and on-site problem-solving skills
- Have a serious work ethic, high motivation and keen ambition
- Embody and practice leadership, communication, and accountability
- Provide mentoring for Junior Climbers and Groundworkers
- Be unequivocally available for emergency storm response; be available for 4 weekends of work per year
- Be able to conduct a pre-work risk assessment and safety tailgates on the provided tablet on every job
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback from co-workers and management
- Perform excellent worksite cleanup at every property
- Read HTC company Policies & Procedures Manual and agree to uphold it
- G license with a clean abstract and experience driving large vehicles
- CPR/First Aid certification & Working at Heights Training
- Firmly adhere to our company code of ethics
We are an Equal opportunities company, and everyone has a voice!
*** To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org ***