- Strong knowledge of tying and specific uses for tree-industry knots;
- Safety for all types of equipment used (Chipper, Stump Grinder, Chainsaw);
- Being a reliable member of the team responsive to visual cues and hand signals from the Climber and acting promptly with ground support. Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the task;
- Keeping the work area clear of debris, cleaning up limbs and branches as they are brought down in tree cutting work. Raking the area clear to maintain a safe work zone;
- Lining up branches and piling appropriately for loading into the Chipper;
- Keeping tools in the staging area and safe zone;
- Assuring that all lines are kept clear at all times;
- Being attentive to the Climber’s cues throughout the job, always keeping their eyes on the Climber;
- Filling of equipment with gasoline or diesel and maintain the safe handling of fuels;
- Ability to pull, push and lift heavy branches and wood using proper tools and techniques to facilitate the work;
- Comfortable with working in hot, cold and wet environments.
We offer competitive wage and benefits program. Year-round work and the possibility of advancement within the company. We treat everyone like being part of a family. If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit a copy of your resume detailing relevant experience and mentioning why you would be the best fit for us. Due to the volume of applicants only those with relevant experience will be contacted for this role.