Stewart Services Tree Care
Established in 2009, Stewart Services has became a trusted and valued Tree Service company in the Durham Region/GTA. Our objective is to provide our clients with the best service, backed by our Arboriculture knowledge and Skills. We stand by our work and our team members. We have won numerous awards from our community and wish to find other like minded professionals to join us in our continued Growth.
If you wish to have your voice heard, be supported and have an opportunity to advance consider our company!
Junior Arborist Apprentice
Main Purpose of the Job:
To begin education under approved Arborist in preparation for post secondary within the field of Arboriculture/Forestry, while keeping business reputation and client experience a priority.
$16-$19 an hour, Pay negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
What we Provide:
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent in house Benefits Program (Customizable); Vision, Dental, Mental Heath Services, Chiropractic & Massage
- Stewart Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Gear Allowance, use towards preferred clothing or tools
- WSIB Coverage for all employees
- Training and Continued Education Allowance
Certified Arborist, Trainer
Evan Stewart, Owner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent Attendance and punctuality.
- Responsible for own transportation to yard (Courtice).
- To adhere to Arboriculture standards regarding safety and techniques.
- Responsible for Gear Inspections of personal tools.
- Observe Time management of jobs by leading Arborist.
- Excellent client customer service.
- Communicate professionally with Ground crew & SR Arborist Apprentice.
- Contribution to Social Media (Instagram) with Photos/videos.
- Yard Duties: Keeping yard neat and tidy.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of personal and business tools: Chainsaws, Wood Chipper, Vehicles (automatic), hand tools, stump grinder.
- Begin training as Ground Crew with introduction to Tree Services under supervision of Arborist. Duties to include:
- Groundwork support for trimming operations.
- Chainsaw and Chipper operation/loading brush.
- Assist in site setup, debris removal and cleanup.
- Abide by industry safety policies and procedures.
- Raking up/ leaf blowing job sites.
- Rigging down limbs.
- Experience in driving Large trucks with equipment towed behind. (Asset)
Arborist Apprentice Training
- To be an eager Apprentice under Arborist to optimize learning.
- To practice decision making using professional Arboriculture standards.
- Master Ground Crew operation including knots, communication and site management.
- Continue with training and understanding regarding best Arboriculture practices.
- Continue education and prepare for Post Secondary.
- Enrolment in Post Secondary School for Certification in Forestry or Arboriculture (within set time frame)
- 2+ Years of Driving Experience
- Ground Crew experience (Asset)
- Valid, with clean drivers Abstract, G licence
- Pass Police background check
- ArbCanada Training (Asset)
- Spray Technician (Asset)
- Working at Heights (Asset)
- D License (Asset)
- First Aid Training (Asset)
- Stewart Services works in all weather conditions. The Day can be called when the working conditions are no longer acceptable or safe for crew.
- Work schedule is Monday to Friday with weekends based off of business need.
- Stewart Services operates 12 months of the year.
- Overtime is available.
- Employment start date is flexible.
- Can lift 60lbs using smart lifting practices.
- Arborist is expected to use good Ergonomics to stay safe on worksite.
- Employee is expected to make quick decisions, Supervise workers, problems solve.
Application deadline: 2022-03-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour