Senior Arborist Apprentice
Main Purpose of the Job:
To continue education under approved Arborist in preparation of advancement within the company, while keeping business reputation and client experience a priority.
$20-$24 an hour, Pay negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
What we Provide:
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent in house Benefits Program (Customizable); Vision, Dental, Mental Heath Services, Chiropractic & Massage
- Stewart Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Gear Allowance, use towards preferred clothing or tools
- WSIB Coverage for all employees
- Training and Continued Education Allowance
Certified Arborist, Trainer
Evan Stewart, Owner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent Attendance and punctuality.
- Responsible for own transportation to yard (Courtice).
- Experience in completing safety tailboards.
- Assist in Book 7 set ups.
- To adhere to Arboriculture standards regarding safety and techniques.
- Responsible for Gear Inspections of personal tools.
- Observe Time management of jobs by leading Arborist.
- Excellent client customer service.
- Communicate professionally with Ground crew & Arborist.
- Contribution to Social Media (Instagram) with Photos/videos.
- Yard Duties: Keeping yard neat and tidy.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of personal and business tools: Chainsaws, Wood Chipper, Vehicles (automatic), hand tools, stump grinder.
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning, removal, deadwooding, hazards, services safely and skillfully under supervision of Arborist.
- Continue Ground Crew responsibilities under supervision of Arborist. Duties to include:
- Groundwork support for trimming operations.
- Chainsaw and Chipper operation/loading brush.
- Assist in site setup, debris removal and cleanup.
- Abide by industry safety policies and procedures.
- Raking up/ leaf blowing job sites.
- Rigging down limbs.
- Experience in driving Large trucks with equipment towed behind.
Arborist Apprentice Training
- To be an eager Apprentice under Arborist to optimize learning (MRS, SRS climbing systems).
- To practice decision making using professional Arboriculture standards.
- Continue with training and understanding regarding best Arboriculture practices.
- Continue education and prepare for ISA Certification.
- Post Secondary School Certification (In Progress or Completed) in Forestry or Arboriculture
- 3+ Years of Driving Experience
- 1+ Years Climbing Experience
- Valid, with clean drivers Abstract, G licence
- Pass Police background check
- ArbCanada Training (Asset)
- Spray Technician (Asset)
- ISA Certified (Asset)
- Working at Heights (Asset)
- D License (Asset)
- First Aid Training (Asset)
- Stewart Services works in all weather conditions. The Day can be called when the working conditions are no longer acceptable or safe for crew.
- Work schedule is Monday to Friday with weekends based off of business need.
- Stewart Services operates 12 months of the year.
- Overtime is available.
- Employment start date is flexible.
- Can lift 60lbs using smart lifting practices.
- Arborist is expected to use good Ergonomics to stay safe on worksite.
- Employee is expected to make quick decisions, Supervise workers, problems solve.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you currently enrolled in Post Secondary in Forestry/Arboriculture program or have recently completed?
- Do you have 3+ years of Driving Experience?
- Class G Licence (required)