The estimating arborist's role exists to estimate, organize and provide high-level customer care towards the successful confirmation and completion of a variety of tree care services. This requires the estimating arborist to:
- Provide excellent customer communications based on knowledge, diagnosis, expert information and recommendations that meet the client goals and arboricultural standards.
- Work closely with production and administrative staff to ensure every customer receives the best possible service throughout the sales and production process. Job follow up is required to ensure work is completed to customer satisfaction with the goal of long term retention.
- Identify and implement sales and marketing strategies to grow the company by building current client potential, generating leads through referrals and renewing inactive client relationships to create profitable sales of company services.
Duties and responsibilities of each Estimating arborist and Project management will be discussed in detail during personal interviews with each applying candidate.
Educational Responsibilities - Skills and Attributes - Qualifications:
- Keep up to date on arboriculture industry by-laws in and around the GTA
- Keep up to date on industry training requirements and educational tools
- Advise the GM of industry training courses/conferences that will assist develop your knowledge and performance
- Exhibits a true passion for arboriculture
- Tree and plant identification above average as well the ability to diagnose problems and recommend management solutions based upon proper arboriculture practices and current industry standards
- Excellent communications skills including both verbal, nonverbal, active listening, observational, written and negotiation
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills, staying professional and composed at all times, managing emotions, focusing on goals and desired outcomes.
- Strong sense of teamwork which is based on respect for production staff, management and customers
- Good time management skills, highly organized
- Desire and the ability to invest time in developing knowledge and performance through continued education (within our industry)
- Have a minimum of (4) years experience selling and managing residential and commercial tree care services and contracts
- Education in Arboriculture, Forest Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management or a related field
- ISA Certified Arborist and Tree Risk Assessor
- G drivers license with clean drivers abstract
- Current WHMIS, First Aid, and CPR, Ministry of Labor Supervisor and Employee Health and Safety and Awareness training.
- Landscape/Forestry Exterminators License is not mandatory but an asset.