Job Title: Arborist (NOC: 2225)
Employer: Tip Top Tree Service Ltd.
Location: 4115 Holland Avenue Victoria, BC V8Z 5K3
Salary: $28-32/hr for 40 hrs per week
Vacancy: 1 vacancy
Terms of employment: permanent/ full time
Start Date: as soon as possible
Intended Job posting audience: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for the position.
- Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of work as an arborist or any related field.
- Training and Supervision of workers
- Tree climbing and tree maintenance utilizing current ANSI standard practices.
- Large tree removal
- Operation and maintenance of various power tools such as chainsaws, chipper, stump grinder
- Daily management of work crew
- Performing client consultations
- Diagnoses and treatment recommendations for tree related pathogens
- Working in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Daily/weekly inspection of vehicles and equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, gloves
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have own mode of transportation to work.
- Proficient at driving commercial vehicles such as bucket trucks and chip trucks with trailers.
- Climbing, Attention to details, Repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, Work under pressure, physically demanding, manual dexterity, ability to distinguish between colors, Overtime maybe required, combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Urban area, remote location
Work Site Environment
- Dangerous, at heights, noisy, outdoors
- Organized, excellent oral communication, flexibility, reliability, team player, effective interpersonal skills
Area of Specialization
- Horticultural consulting, plant knowledge and identification, tree service
Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialist Specific Skills
- Apply various treatments such as pruning, repairing damaged areas
- Examining trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease.
- Plant and move trees
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- ISA/ITA, TRAQ certificate an asset but not required.
How to Apply
Expiry: June 30, 2022