Heritage Tree Care Inc is a happily thriving, firmly established and well-regarded tree service based in Toronto's downtown west end since 2006. We specialize in large technical tree pruning, mature Oak health care, high-end tree & shrub care & enhancement, planting and the occasional tricky removal. We are a mid-sized company with a big online and local presence and a great management team that keeps everything running smoothly as well as all employees happy and well looked after.
Join us in 2022 and enjoy work/life balance with a 4-day work week and some of the best perks in the industry!
We offer to Full Time employees:
- $28-38 p/h
- Four-day work week (5th optional)
- PAID week off in August!
- Full Benefits – Health, Life & Dental
- Vacation pay + stat holiday pay
- Full WSIB coverage + $5M insurance
- Big Yard in downtown Toronto (Parkdale- easy commute for City dweller)
- Crew Tablets with Jobber software- fully utilized and highly organized
- Winter break/ possible layoff
- Excellent in-house Health & Safety Program + Aerial rescue Training
- We subsidize pro Arb courses for committed individuals
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least one year of experience working in arboriculture and can prove tree climbing competency
- Be able to show up on time with a professional appearance and a positive attitude
- Be willing to climb trees daily while exhibiting proficiency in all pruning and removal techniques
- Be capable of performing physically demanding manual labor in all manner of weather conditions
- Perform ground support operations such as, but not limited to, rigging, cutting, brush management, chipping, equipment organization, and maintenance
- Help create and maintain a positive atmosphere and productive team environment
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback from co-workers and management
- Be familiar with ISA and Ontario Arborist Safe Work Practices, and adhere to them throughout all aspects of aerial tree care operations
- Safely operate and maintain chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, mini skid steer and other equipment as needed
- Perform meticulous worksite cleanup at every property, every time
- Firmly adhere to our company code of ethics
- Carefully follow work order specifications and ensure client satisfaction
- Have a serious work ethic, high motivation, and keen ambition
- Be unequivocally available for emergency storm response; be available for 4 weekends of work per year
- G license with a clean abstract and experience driving large vehicles would be an advantage
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Working at heights training
We are an Equal opportunities company, and everyone has a voice!