Job Title: ARBORIST
Permanent - Full Time
Working Week: 40 hours per week (Four-day working week 10-hour days)
LIVE WORK PLAY
Located halfway between downtown Vancouver and Whistler's high alpine, Squamish is where the ocean meets the mountains in Sea to Sky country. From epic backcountry to temperate rainforests, meandering rivers, and wide-open ocean, Squamish really does have it all!
Known as the outdoor recreational capital of Canada, Squamish offers world-class climbing, mountain biking, trail running, windsurfing and kayaking. We’re also a stone’s throw away from the largest ski resort in North America, Whistler Blackcomb.
There is literally an adventure waiting around every corner!
WHY SILVERBACK TREEWORKS?
It’s a pretty awesome place to work!
Silverback Treeworks is a thriving tree care company based in Squamish, BC. We specialize in high-quality tree care; our experienced team of Arborists are committed to responsible arboriculture practices and urban forest management.
We endeavor to remain at the forefront of the industry by supplying our Arborists with state-of-the-art equipment and providing a first class, in house-training and development programme.
We are an inclusive and diverse team of enthusiastic, motivated industry professionals that pride ourselves on high caliber workmanship, excellent customer service and uncompromising safety.
Creating and maintaining a strong workplace culture is a top priority, attitude is everything!
- Full scope of arboriculture practice in residential and commercial settings
- Examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease, and apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, repairing damaged areas and injecting with treatment solutions.
- Performs all tree removal and tree care maintenance as directed.
- Operates vehicles, machinery and power tools in accordance with safety policies and procedures
- Identifies and manages potential risks and hazards on the job site
- Participates in crew meetings, safety and/or job specific training
- Skills relating to pruning and tree management are highly desirable
- Positive attitude, goal-oriented with a drive to succeed
- Flexible and adaptable with a desire to learn and grow with a team
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member
- Strong communicator
- Ability to take initiative and lead by example
- Aptitude for identifying potential hazards and reducing risks
- Be physically capable of demanding outdoor work in varied weather conditions
including heavy rain and snow
- ISA Certified Arborist or Tree Worker, or an acceptable combination of training and experience
- Unrestricted Class 5 Drivers License with a safe driving history required
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in operating chainsaws or other power tools
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 or higher considered an asset
- Knowledge of trees, shrubs and plants native to the area
- Training or certification in proper climbing, rigging and safe tree access techniques
- Knowledge or training of proper risk assessment and industry safety practices
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU
- $22 - $32 Hourly Wage
- Relocation assistance will be considered for the right applicant.
- Opportunity to learn and progress through our in-house training and development programme.
- Anytime access to our online training platform including professional techniques and tips for all levels of experience
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Four day working week (10-hour days)
- Regular BBQ and beers with our awesome team
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com