Sequoia Tree Services is currently taking resumes for a Professional ISA certified Arborist/Urban Forester in Saskatoon.We are looking at adding another highly motivated professional to our core team. We are seeking someone who is highly motivated and has lots of knowledge and experience in Urban Forestry in cities and parks within Saskatchewan.
We have a very comprehensive health and safety manual and hold a high regard for safety. We are currently working through the process of getting our COR.
If you want to open some new exciting doors to your career please send over a resume to Lcordell@sequoiatreeservices.ca or call 306 229 4486 to set up a meeting/conference call.The positions would require an ISA certification and a strong background in Urban Forestry within Saskatchewan.
- Efficiently carry out pruning or removal of trees, ensuring the safety of climber and ground crew. Ascends tree using rope and safety saddle, lifelines or aerial bucket truck as needed. Attaches lines to affected limb or wood, cuts and lowers limb/wood working in conjunction with assigned crew and equipment, i.e. crane, and truck. Chips and cuts fallen trees.
- Tree maintenance and compliance with all procedures and guidelines.
- Operates aerial truck with hydraulic lifting device, inspect the site for access and positioning of the truck
- Operates brush chipper, and a variety of power tools. Ensures all equipment is safely maintained and operated, checks on a daily basis and performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs.
- Respond to emergency tree concerns at any time – this could include clearing storm damaged trees in inclement weather or poor lighting.
- Assists in tree planting operations, operating trucks and equipment to plant, stake and tie trees.
- Responsible for the visual inspection and cleaning of all tools.
- Superior public relations and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment and initiative while performing the duties of the position.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, standards, guidelines, and materials used in arboriculture work.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with risk management and risk mitigation related to urban tree management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated program planning and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of current issues in urban forestry maintenance and management.