Looking for a hardworking professional to join an experienced tree crew. Working from our home base in Caledon to varying locations across the GTA with lots of steady work. Varying property maintenance, tree removal, stump removal, tree pruning, shrub pruning, wood and brush cleanup, cleanup of front & back yards, minor landscaping. Reliable and punctual worker with cell phone and G licence required. Must have own means of transportation to get to and from our yard near HWY 9 and HWY 50.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows proper PPE mandatory requirements
- HI-VIZ clothing, chainsaw pants, gloves, steel-toed boots, helmet, ear muffs, safety glasses or visor
- Performs the following job tasks as required or assigned:
- Cleans up properties and work site areas with a team using specialized equipment
- Performing tree services, moving tree debris, branches, logs, roping and lowering branches, and landscaping
iii. Operate power equipment such as trucks, trailers, wood chippers, ATV's, chainsaws, pole-saws, leaf blowers, hand tools such as hand saws, axes, rakes and shovels
- Make proper application of all vehicles and equipment to safeguard company and customer property, in addition to protecting desirable vegetation, lawn, or otherwise
- Full and thorough inspection of all work sites, vehicles and equipment before leaving sites.
- In addition to above, performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Have a cell phone with plan & good communication skills
- Have a valid G driver’s license & own means of transportation
- Must be able to use and maintain trucks, trailers and specialized equipment
- Must be capable of operating two handed equipment (rakes, shovels, axe, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure climate variances through all seasons
- Must be able to perform physical labour such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs to shoulder height or more
- Must be skilled in the reading and understanding of work orders and maps
- Previous landscaping skills, property maintenance experience, chainsaw use, power tool use, driving standard transmission vehicles an asset
- Full additional training provided on site
- Full apprenticeship possibilities
Hard working, punctual, attention to detail, overall responsibility for all actions, communication between crew members and foreman, teamwork, positive attitude
- Full Time/Contract (January – December)
- Work Days: Monday - Friday
- Hours: 40-44/week
- Overtime: After 44 hours/week
- Starting wage based on experience and qualifications
- Range $18-$20/hr
- 6% vacation pay (3 weeks)
- 3 months probation & training
- Raise after probation based upon excellent performance
- Great opportunities for advancement with increased experience and qualifications
DON'T HESITATE, APPLY TODAY!