Provide direction and support to other team members to assist crew with a range of arboriculture decisions, while also performing the work. This position requires both production and crew management.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide expert tree trimming services and inspections to client properties.
- Responsible for climbing, pruning, and removing trees as per work specifications.
- Perform required general maintenance and daily inspection of equipment.
- Manage customer service expectations, safely lead jobsite and crew operations.
- Abide by safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift and move 75 lbs.
- Advanced chainsaw, chipper and other power/handheld tool operation.
- Strong tree and shrub identification skills.
- Provide direction and support to direct reports including, Forman, lead hand and labourers
- Ideal Education: Degree or diploma in Arboriculture, Forestry, combination of education and experience.
- Possess or be willing to attain an ISA Certification, Ontario Qualified Arborist 444A or Ontario Qualified Utility Arborist 444B
- Minimum Experience: 5 years Industry Experience pruning and removal
- Valid “DZ” or “ARZ” Drivers License with a Clear abstract
- Working at Heights
- First Aid
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- High level of knowledge with knots, rigging, pruning and species identification
- Interest in working outdoors year round performing manual labour in all weather conditions.
- Writing content for internal and external communications.
- Knowledge of a wide range of arborist techniques and concepts.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work cooperatively and be willing to assist others.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical, fair problem-solver.
- Outdoor environment – working in all-weather condition to lead crews for an extended period of time.
- Moderate travel required to get to job sites or attend special events and functions.
Technology & Equipment
- Computer: cellphones, Singleops, Tsheets, Internet, e-mail.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.