This is an entry level position within the arboriculture industry. The main objectives are to assist in site cleanliness and safe operations for tree pruning and tree removal, while using chainsaws, brush saws, wood chippers and other various equipment in accordance with approved PPE and safety techniques.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide assistance with tree pruning and tree removal to client properties.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of trucks, heavy equipment, chainsaws, any rigging and/or additional equipment.
- Perform site cleanup including brush and wood removal, raking and site remediation.
- Assist with required general maintenance and daily inspection of equipment.
- Abide by safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift and move 75 lbs.
- Basic understanding of chainsaw, chipper and other power/handheld tool safe operation.
- Basic tree and shrub identification skills.
- Follow directions given by leadhand, forman or management.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma
- Ideal Experience: 1 year in related industry experience pruning and removal
- Valid “G”, “DZ” or “ARZ” Drivers License with a Clear abstract
- Working at Heights
- First Aid
- Become familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of knots, rigging, pruning and species identification
- Interest in working outdoors year round performing manual labour in all weather conditions.
- Writing content for internal and external communications.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work cooperatively and be willing to assist others.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical, fair problem-solver.
- Outdoor environment – working in all-weather condition to lead crews for an extended period of time.
- Moderate travel required to get to job sites or attend special events and functions.
Technology & Equipment
- Computer: cellphones, Tsheets, Internet, e-mail.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.