Meet with clients to understand their tree or shrub problem, explain options that can be implemented to help treat their plants. Work with other team members to assist customers with a range of arboriculture decisions, while doing the work. This position requires production, crew management and consulting.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform all functions of the integrated pest management program, including administration, scheduling, inspections, sampling, treatments, inventories, equipment maintenance, record keeping, report writing, and customer relations
- Monitor, diagnose, and treat insect, disease, and cultural conditions of trees and shrubs
- Effectively operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Organize, schedule and complete tree planting, hedge trimming and stump grinding activities.
- Oversee labourers to assist you with your job functions
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by manager or designate.
- Completed Post-secondary Diploma or degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pesticide education/License Ontario landscape applicator
- Ontario pesticide license; Core & landscape
- Minimum Experience: 3 years Industry Experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and a Clean abstract
- Experience working with upper management to support budgetary activities.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- High level or working knowledge of species-specific insect, disease and cultural tending practices
- Interest in working outdoors year-round performing manual labour in all weather conditions.
- Writing content for internal and external communications.
- Knowledge of a wide range of arborist techniques and concepts.
- Have thorough business awareness.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work cooperatively and be willing to assist others.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Analytical, fair problem-solver.
- Office environment – extended lengths of time sitting at a desk using a computer and phone.
- Field environment – physically preform planting, stump grinding and PHC services
- Moderate travel required to meet with clients or attend special events and functions.
Technology & Equipment
- Computer: Single ops, Microsoft word, excel, Internet, e-mail.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.