Storybook Tree Services is a locally owned Oakville business offering tree care services to its large clientele base from Burlington to Mississauga.
We are currently looking to fill the following contract position: Ground Tech
We stress the utmost RELIABILITY AND SAFETY on all jobs and constant vigilance and mindfulness is of the utmost importance on our crew. Being aware of inherent dangers in the tree industry and the knowledge to avoid them is most important. We are members of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and encourage employees obtain proper certifications and Arborist Licensing. All Storybook employees have an expectation to continuously promote our services and products and embrace the importance of networking to bring more business connections.
This position in the Storybook Tree Crew Division is a support and hi-technician level job that entails close observance of all safety issues involved in tree work as well as skills that support the work performed by the Tree Crew, allowing a smooth flow of productivity at the job site.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 2 years tree service experience. The skills and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Strong knowledge of tying and specific uses for tree-industry knots; • Safety for all types of equipment used (Chipper, Stump Grinder, Chain Saw);
• Act as a reliable member of the team responsive to visual cues and hand signals from the Climber and acting promptly with ground support;
• Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE);
• Assist with fertilizing & spraying for pests/insect control;
• Keeping the work area clear of debris, cleaning up limbs and branches as they are brought down during tree cutting work. Raking the area clear to maintain the safety zone;
• Lining up branches and piling appropriately for loading into the Chipper;
• Keeping tools in the staging area and safe zone;
• Assuring that all lines are kept clear at all times; • Assist with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties; • Assist with site cleanup;
• Being attentive to the Climber’s cues throughout the job, always keeping their eyes on the Climber;
• Ability to pull, push, and lift up to 60 lbs and work in hot or cold weather conditions.
The Grounds Tech will be the point person preparing to load the appropriate tools for specific jobs for departure from the shop. This person will maintain areas and equipment on the job site, and perform tasks such as:
• Defining the staging area and safe zones on the job site and laying out the tools for the job;
• Placing the Storybook road sign in a visible location on the property;
• Filling equipment with gasoline or diesel while being mindful of safe handling of fuels.
The Grounds Tech should also have sound knowledge of:
• Chainsaw blade sharpening & maintenance; • Stump grinder & chipper operation & maintenance;
• Rigging used in tree work- ie: rope breaks and speed lines.
Pay: Based on experience. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license. ISA Certification is an asset.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org