We want YOU to join our team of professionals; We are presently hiring for
"two positions" Licensed Exterminator/Pesticide Operator & Plant Health Care Crew Lead
Licensed Exterminator/Pesticide Operator Qualifications
- To be considered for this position a candidate must possess a valid commercial pesticide applicator/exterminator license.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract is preferred.
- Previous experience working as a PHC/IPM technician using injectable pesticides is considered an asset.
Plant Health Care Crew Leader "Additional Qualifications"
- In addition to possessing a valid commercial pesticide applicator/exterminator license as a crew leader, you must be an ISA Certified Arborist.
- Being familiar with the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an asset.
- As part of Tree Doctors onboarding and orientation, all new hires will be provided training on the safety and technical aspects of injectable pesticides(TreeAzin, ImaJet, AceCaps, etc.) in preparation for the requirement that he or she inspects all equipment, tools, vehicles, and product for any and all deficiency; bringing to their immediate supervisor’s attention concerns and/or issues.
Duties and Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to)
- Must complete all company assigned paperwork on the job site on a daily basis, including such documentation as tailboard meeting paperwork, on-site health, and safety documentation, daily and weekly completion logs.
- Candidates must be ready, willing and able to work outdoors in varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions, be punctual, reliable and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Candidates will need to load and offload heavy objects and products repeatedly throughout the day at each job site location.
- Candidates must always safeguard other employees, the public and surrounding areas at each job site from hazards in and around their work areas.
- Work alongside your peer’s day to day to complete assigned tree injections and keep accurate and up to date logs as well as product inventories.
- Candidates must be able to communicate in a clear and precise manner with management, colleagues, and members of the public when needed.
- Candidates must adhere to all company policies and procedures including health and safety, WHMIS procedures and ensure that PPE is in proper working condition and is worn at all times.
- Having even basic knowledge of equipment, vehicles, and tools is an asset (especially when you are at a job-site).
- Understanding of species-specific insects, disease and cultural tending practices for common area trees are an asset; having solid knowledge of tree/shrub identification is an asset.
- Work location: Various throughout GTA and surrounding areas
- Job Type: Full time - Seasonal
- Hours and shift information: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. could vary depending on the time of year and contract and/or customer requirements
- Hourly Rate: $ 18.00 to $ 25.00 per hour - negotiable and contingent on each applicants' education and experience
- Number of positions hiring for TBD
- Posting Period: This posting will be open until all recruitment requirements are met
To apply for either of these positions
Email cover letter, resume, and a copy of your ISA certificate (if applicable) and your commercial pesticide applicator/exterminator license to: